Is your old aerial lift on its last legs? Do you need to buy another lift to meet workload capacity? Whatever your reason for purchasing, it’s always helpful to know what to look for. Some up-front planning can help you make the best possible decision when buying an aerial lift.
Consider these factors, first and foremost:
- Brand name. Just like automobiles and other durable goods, aerial lifts are often bought & sold based on their manufacturer. Well-established brands are trusted to deliver performance and value.
- Height limit. Find out how high the aerial lift goes. Factor in your own requirements accordingly. And remember, you might need higher access in the future. It doesn’t hurt to go 25-50 feet beyond normal working height.
- Tires. Heavy-duty, outdoor tires should be large enough to handle uneven terrain and other potential hazards. Tires are not as much of a concern for indoor aerial lifts, but still very important.
- Load capacity. If your aerial lift should carry workers and cargo, make sure the lift’s maximum load capacity meets your requirements. Similar to height limit, it’s always smart to get a lift that’ll handle more than your typical carrying capacity.
- Read & research. Gather all the information you can. If you’re looking at a new aerial lift, find reviews on similar models (same manufacturer, if possible).
We hope this brief guide is helpful in choosing the right aerial lift. When construction companies and other firms are choosing the right employees, they want aerial lift operators who are properly trained and certified. CertifymeOnline.net offers the best aerial lift training on the market. Our online training courses cover all the crucial concepts, so any worker can get initial or repeat certification. Instead of hiring super-expensive third-party experts to do your aerial lift training, why not go right to the source?
Please check out our contact page or call us at (602) 277-0615. Our customer service team can help you select the right training program for your situation. We also offer fall protection training, scissor lift instruction and much more!
Thanks for reading our tips & tricks for buying an aerial lift. And feel free to read our other blog posts!