This online course is developed from a recent initiative to identify and document Best Practices for Aerial Work Platform (AWP) trainers and operators by members of the Scaffold Industry Association (SIA), in cooperation with rental operators, manufacturers, associations for those entities, educators, regulators, users and operators. Much of what follows has been adapted from the “Statement of Best Practices of General Training and Familiarization for Aerial WorkPlatform Equipment” issued by SIA in February, 2010.
The stated objective for this initiative is very straightforward:
“To increase the safe use of AWP equipment and expand AWP equipment risk management knowledge throughout the industry, those from the industry have joined forces to create an industry—recognized Statement of Best Practices of General Training and Familiarization for Aerial Work Platform (AWP) Equipment.
This initiative is the result of recognized inconsistencies in the interpretation of what is general training and familiarization and how each is being delivered in the industry.”
The Best Practices initiative also includes a number of training objectives as well:
- – “To educate members of the industry on recognized and supported standards, including the American National Standards Institute/Scaffold Industry Association (ANSI/SIA) A92 Standards and the Occupational Safety &Health Administration (OSHA) regulations
- – Present best practices and minimum general training guidelines for AWP equipment operators
- – Emphasize the differences between general training and familiarization
- – Clarify minimum qualifications of the trainer
What are the Benefits of Our Aerial Lift Train the Trainer Certification?
- – Save money by avoiding in-person training with a separate company
- – Train your employees when it is most convenient for your business
- – Enjoy peace of mind with a training program you know is compliant with the latest safety regulations
- – Receive education on Fall Protection Train the Trainer
- – Base training on your own tried-and-true practices
- – Reduce the number of injuries and fatalities on your worksite and avoid future occurrences
- – Prevent expensive damage done to equipment
- – Your employees receive their AWP certification right away – no waiting for paperwork to arrive in the mail
What is Included in Our Train the Trainer Online Courses?
For only $129.00, you can train your already certified aerial lift operators to train your new employees on all of the safety measures and operating techniques that are set and regulated by OSHA and ANSI, the American National Standards Institute. In as little as one hour with our train the trainer online course, your employees will learn everything they need to know to educate your new operators properly, from the comfort of their home or during their lunch break at work. Our aerial lift train the trainer certification program provides the most comprehensive yet convenient way to train your employees to be educators and be OSHA compliant.
Just like our other training programs, our aerial lift train the trainer class provides the convenience, affordability and comprehensive OSHA safety principles you need to have your own safety consultant! With our train the trainer online course, you’ll enjoy a self-maintaining, ever-present safety presence in your warehouse, distribution center, loading dock, construction site, and elsewhere.
Fall Protection Train the Trainer
In this module, you will become familiar with the regulatory standards for personal fall protection, with attention to risk assessment and fall prevention. Our fall protection train the trainer online course is ideal for obtaining OSHA-approved AWP certification, and no other online safety class can match the complete content and cost-savings advantage.
There are three objectives in this AWP certification training module – As the trainer you need to demonstrate:
- 1. Understanding of requirements for fall restraint or fall arrest while working in a boom-supported aerial lift
- 2. Understanding of Risk Assessment Considerations
- 3. Understanding of how to implement a Fall Protection System
The following OSHA regulations specify the requirements for fall restraint or fall arrest while working in a boom-supported aerial lift.
Employers are responsible for providing PFP equipment and ensuring that it is used properly.
- – Ultimately, the desired end result of this initiative is to increase awareness of best practices, clarify responsibilities and address the safe use of equipment.
- – As a qualified trainer, these will be your objectives too.
There is a need to ensure that employers are aware of the training requirements and where to access training materials that meet or exceed minimum standards. After providing appropriate training, the employer must monitor the operator’s performance and work to ensure the use, application and operation of AWP equipment is in conformance with the provisions defined for operators in the ANSI standards. Though the equipment is safe when properly used, training materials that address these needs could raise the level of operator safety even more.
Current ANSI/SIA A92 Standards outline the subject matter for operators and trainers of AWP equipment, but they do not establish quantitative requirements to be met for the qualification of operators or for the trainers.
The responsibility for training is currently upon the employer/user to train operators of AWP equipment. Section 8.5.1 of ANSI/SIA A92 Standards lists what should be included in operator general training, and Section 8.5.3 of those same standards addresses what should be included in familiarization. However, neither answers the question regarding what requirements are to be met to educate operators to a minimum standard.
This Best Practices training and certification course will directly address these issues.
For AWP certification and OSHA aerial lift & boom lift safety training, CertifyMeOnline.net has everything you’re looking for. And with our train the trainer online course, there’s no more worries about a surprise OSHA visit – all the safety expertise and training knowledge is right in your own workplace! Sign up for our aerial lift train the trainer course today.